Tuesday, July 31, 2012
Monday, July 30, 2012
Reason to Smile
Here is a sample that I made with my set.
Cardstock: Pacific Point, Whisper White
Inks: Pacific Point, Melon Mambo, Pumpkin Pie
Stamp Set: Reason to Smile, Lovely Little Labels
Embellishments: 1/2" Scallop Dots Ribbon in Melon Mambo, Whisper White Bakers Twine, Pearl Basic Jewels
Tools: Big Shot, Little Labels Punch Pack, Paper Trimmer, Paper Snips, Glue Dots, Stampin' Dimensionals, SNAIL, Beautiful Wings Embosslits
Sunday, July 29, 2012
Friday, July 27, 2012
Cardstock: Basic Black, Tangerine Tango, Whisper White, Basic Gray
Thursday, July 26, 2012
On Tuesday, I showed you the box and one card. The complete set consists of a standard A2 box and three cards.
All were very simple to make and didn't require much time to assemble. As for the A2 box- the trickiest part about that was the Flocked Window Sheet scoring/folding. I've not used Flocked Window Sheets very much so I wasn't sure if it would crack when I scored/folded it. Fortunately- the window sheets are actually rather durable and hold up nicely! No cracks at all! And they look BEAUTIFUL! I absolutely LOVE the color combination of Early Espresso, Lucky Limeade, Real Red, and Very Vanilla.
Tuesday, July 24, 2012
Tonight I created several projects however I am only going to show 2. I made a standard A2 card box to hold beautiful Christmas cards. This is one of the cards I made. I wasn't sure how I felt about it at first, but I really like it!
I wanted to give you a heads up that today's Two-Fer Tuesday pictures will be posted this evening. I will share what we made at the "Come Stamp with me Tuesaday's" class.
I hope you are all having a wonderful day! Even though I don't have any stamping related pictures to share right now- I figured I'd leave you with this picture of random cuteness. His name is Jake and he LOVES to sleep in my Stampin' Up! order boxes.
Monday, July 23, 2012
Saturday, July 21, 2012
I have a Thank You card to show you today. It's made from a color combination that's bright and fun!
Hope you all have a great weekend!
Cardstock: Rich Razzleberry, Baja Breeze, Whisper White
DSP: Floral District
Stamp Set: Lacey & Lovely
Inks: Baja Breeze, Daffodil Delight, Rich Razzleberry
Embellishments: Antique Brads
Tools: Big Shot, Blossom Punch, Finishing Touches Edgelits, Paper Piercing Tool, SNAIL, Delicate Doilies Sizzlits L Die
Friday, July 20, 2012
Wednesday, July 18, 2012
Tuesday, July 17, 2012
Since I have a love for Halloween AND parties, I wanted to try and create a little party favor. Each year I try to find a cute little treat for my favorite little people. This year- (yes I know....it's only July and Halloween isn't until October) I will be making a bunch of these:
What exactly does that mean? It means that today I will update my blog and give you new ideas not once, but TWICE! It's extremely HOT in Michigan today (it's currently 97 degrees and the temperature is still rising!) so I figured I'd spend the day indoors making some cards, ornaments, and other fun projects to share with you.
Here is the first of my ideas for the day:
Both cards were made with the following products from the 2012-2013 Stampin' Up! Annual Catalog:
Cardstock: Baja Breeze, Island Indigo, Whisper White, Pink Pirouette
Inks: Baja Breeze, Island Indigo, Basic Black, Riding Hood Red
Stamp Set: From My Heart
Embellishments: Rhinestone Basic Jewels, Baja Breeze 1/2" Seam Binding Ribbon, Pink Pirouette 3/8" Taffeta Ribbon, Basic Black 3/8" Taffeta Ribbon
Tools: Big Shot, Labels Collection Framelits, SNAIL, Stampin' Dimensionals, Essentials Paper-Piercing Pack, Paper- Piercing Tool, Apothecary Accents Framelits, Adorning Accents Edgelits
Monday, July 16, 2012
Friday, July 13, 2012
Before you begin, you will want to gather a few supplies for your project.
You will need:
Cardstock: Whisper White
Designer Series Paper (DSP): Howlstooth & Scaringbone*
Ink: Basic Black, Tangerine Tango
Stamp Set: Ornament Keepsakes*
Tools: Big Shot, Paper Snips, Stampin' Dimensionals, Sticky Strip, Glue Dots, Stampin' Glitter (Dazzling Diamonds), 2-way Glue Pen, Holiday Ornaments Framelits Dies*, Designer Rosette Bigz XL Die, Simply Scored Scoring Tool, Bone Folder, SNAIL Adhesive, 1 1/4" Circle Punch, hot glue gun/extra glue sticks**
Embellishments: 1/2" Striped Satin Ribbon*, Vintage Faceted Designer Buttons, Large Pearl Basics Jewels, Lucky Limeade Bakers Twine
* Denotes an item from the 2012 Holiday Catalog. These items will be available to order on August 1st.
**Denotes a non-Stampin' Up! item
- Stamp 20 of the large ornament in Basic Black ink onto Whisper White Cardstock. Stamp 20 of the smaller ornament in Tangerine Tango onto Whisper White Cardstock.
- Using the Big Shot and the Holiday Ornaments Framelits Dies- cut out all 40 ornaments.
- Score 15 of the large Basic Black ornaments in half lengthwise using the Simply Scored Scoring Tool. Score all 20 of the small Tangerine Tango Ornaments in half lengthwise using the Simply Scored Scoring Tool. Use the Bone Folder to make the folds crisp.
- Adhere 3 large Basic Black ornaments together using SNAIL Adhesive. This will create the 3D look. Continue adhering the large Basic Black ornaments together until you have made 5 individual 3D ornaments. Your ornaments should look like the ornament pictured below:
- Take the remaining 5 stamped large Basic Black ornaments and turn them stamped side down. Using SNAIL, adhere the 3D large Basic Black ornaments to the unstamped side of the ornament. See picture above.
- Adhere all 20 of the smaller Tangerine Tango ornaments together using groups of 4 to create 5 smaller ornaments. I found that adhering 2 ornaments at a time then adhering 2 groups of 2 together worked best. Your ornaments should look like the ornament pictured below:
- Take all 5 large Basic Black ornaments and the 5 smaller Tangerine Tango ornaments and outline the edges of all sides with the 2-way Glue Pen. Do this one ornament at a time. After all edges on the ornament have been outlined in glue- sprinkle the edges with Dazzling Diamonds. Set all ornaments aside and let dry.
- Cut a 3 1/2" circle out of Whisper White Cardstock and mark the center of the circle with a dot. The circle adds extra support to the ornament and the dot helps you center the large Basic Black ornaments on the circle.
- Cut five- 10" long pieces of Lucky Limeade Bakers Twine and set aside.
- Cut fifteen- 4" long pieces of 1/2" Striped Satin Ribbon. Apply a Glue Dot on the inside of the ribbon at the very bottom to secure the loop. Make loops out of all 15 pieces of 1/2" Striped Satin Ribbon. Set ribbon loops aside.
- Take the 5 large Basic Black ornaments and arrange them on the 3 1/2" circle. Use the dot in the center of the 3 1/2" circle to center the ornaments. Arrange as shown in picture below:
- Adhere each large Basic Black ornament down one at a time using Sticky Strip- be sure to maintain the layout of the ornaments as shown in the picture above.
- Using the hot glue gun, glue down the 1/2" Satin Striped Ribbon loops one at a time. Glue ribbon loops in between the actual ornaments that you adhered to the 3 1/2" circle. Refer to pictures below:
- Using the five- 10" pieces of Lucky Limeade Bakers Twine, make a large loop from each piece, then fold the loop in half again making 2 smaller loops. Use the hot glue gun to attach the Bakers Twine loops to the inside of the ornaments. See picture below:
- Cut another 10" long piece of Lucky Limeade Bakers Twine. Make one loop and tie a knot at the bottom to secure the loop. This loop will be the hanger for the ornament. Adhere this loop using the hot glue gun onto the top large Basic Black ornament. Glue the knot of the loop as far down in the ornament as you can get it. Note: You may have to move the 2 loops that you glued in the last step to get a good location to glue this loop.
- Next, using the hot glue gun, attach each small Tangerine Tango ornament to the bottom of the center piece of 1/2" Satin Striped Ribbon loop as shown in the picture below:
- Cut a 1" x 12" strip of Howlstooth & Scaringbone DSP. You can use whatever pattern you choose. I chose the pattern that was diagonal stripes on one side and Tangerine Tango with polka dots on the other side.
- Using the Big Shot and the Designer Rosette Bigz XL Die, cut out a rosette. Use the 1 1/4" Circle Punch to punch a circle out of Whisper White Cardstock. After the rosette is cut out- assemble the rosette and attach it the 1 1/4" Whisper White circle with Sticky Strip.
- Take one of the large Vintage Faceted Designer Buttons and adhere it to the center of the rosette with hot glue.
- Take a Large Pearl Basics Jewel and attach it to a Stampin' Dimensional. Trim excess Stampin' Dimensional from the Pearl with Paper Snips. Attach the Pearl to the inside of the Vintage Faceted Designer Button.
- Using the hot glue gun, make a pool of hot glue in the center of the ornament. It's OK to get glue on the tips of the small Tangerine Tango ornaments as this well help adhere the rosette to the ornament.
- Push the rosette into the hot glue puddle and hold for a few seconds to ensure proper bonding.
Thursday, July 12, 2012
DSP: Howlstooth & Scaringbone*
Wednesday, July 11, 2012
When completed- the ornament is actually kinda thick. It sure does have dimension and depth! Here is a picture that shows the side view: