Saturday, August 17, 2013

2013 Artisan Design Team Finalists Blog Hop- Day 8

                                                                     
                                                                      
Good evening!  
It's time for Day 8 of our blog hop!  The time sure does go by quickly!  I hope that you've enjoyed our creations and will continue to visit our blogs even after the hop is over!  Did you just come from Cathy Casey's project?  If not- don't worry!  You can take the hop all the way around until you get to her!

Tonight I'm sharing the last card that I created for the Artisan Design Team contest.  For this card I wanted to create something using doilies.  Thankfully Stampin' Up! has quite the variety to choose from!  I started out by stamping a few doilies from the Delicate Doilies stamp set.  Then I used the Big Shot and the Delicate Doilies Sizzlet to create a few embellishments.  It's hard to see in the picture but the Island Indigo oval was embossed with the Chevron Embossing folder.  The Island Indigo Large Scallop layer was paper pierced to match the scallops.  I also used the Color Spritzer tool to add coordinating ink splatter to the front.  Overall- I like how it came out!

Card Ingredients:
Card Stock:   Very Vanilla, Island Indigo
DSP:  Tea for Two DSP
Stamps: Oh Hello, Delicate Doilies
Ink:  Early Espresso, So Saffron, Island Indigo
Tools:  Stampin' Trimmer, Early Espresso Bakers Twine, Stampin' Dimensionals, SNAIL, Glue Dots, Ovals Collection Framelits, Big Shot, Rhinestone Basic Jewels, Paper Snips, Delicate Doilies Sizzlits Die, Large Scallop Edgelit, Essentials Paper Piercing Tool, Color Spritzer Tool, Chevron Embossing Folder

Next up is the fabulous Dara Gloden!  Please click the next button to visit her page!

Cathy Casey
Dara Gloden

3 comments:

  1. I love doilies! This card makes me happy. Your color combo is fantastic. Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love everything about this card...the doilies, the splatters, the bakers twine. Great card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a whimsical card!! I LOVE the color combo! Fun and simple layout ... looks terrific!

    ReplyDelete