Monday, May 21, 2018

Monday Montage #116- Abstract Impressions




Hello there stampers!  Welcome back to another edition of Monday Montage.

Tonight I'm sharing a few projects that I created using the Abstract Impressions Stamp Set from the upcoming 2018-2019 Stampin' UP! Annual Catalog.
This stamp set has 21 fabulous images.  There are sentiments, flowers, and leaves.  BUT you can use them in any way you want!  Don't want to use the leaves as a leaf?  Why not make them a butterfly!  The possibilities are endless with this gorgeous set!

For my first card- I cased the Abstract Impressions video from Stampin' UP!.  I loved how colorful the flowers on this card were and wanted to re-create it for myself.


The colors used were:  Petal Pink, Calypso Coral, Melon Mambo, Crushed Curry, Soft Sea Foam, Shaded Spruce, and Pacific Point.  They are all so pretty together!


In the video- Stampin' UP! had used the Metallic Ribbon Combo Pack however I did not have that ribbon so I used the new 5/8" Polka Dot Tulle Ribbon instead.  It's so pretty and ties nicely!

For the second card- I was just playing around but I kinda like it!  The blue roses are beautiful and this picture really doesn't do it justice!  

I began creating the card using a piece of Watercolor Paper and a Balmy Blue watercolor wash.  After the wash dried-  I then began adding the roses and other accents.  


To create the roses- I used a combination of Balmy Blue, Pacific Point and Blueberry Bushel.  I originally watercolored a butterfly that I had cut out using the Springtime Impressions Thinlits however I liked the Vellum version better.  


For the Vellum butterfly- I used the Light Night Of Navy Stampin' Blend to completely outline the butterfly and it's wings.  To do this- I simply laid the butterfly down onto a piece of Grid Paper and outlined it all areas that had been cut out by the thinlit.  

Overall I think it came out cute!
Is this bundle on your wishlist?  If not- it should be!  It is gorgeous!


Do you need a new Annual Catalog?  Send me an email and I will drop one in the mail for you!



Monday Montage Hoppers

No comments:

Post a Comment