Wednesday, January 12, 2022

Valentie's Mini Tiered Tray

Last week my friend Becky shared the most adorable little tiered tray on her Instagram and I was on a mission to find one for myself. Somehow I managed to miss them at Christmas time when they were sold at Hobby Lobby but thankfully I managed to snag one from someone online.  


As you can see in the picture- the tiered tray itself is itty bitty!  It measures 5-1/2" tall by approximately 4" wide.  It's pretty much the same size as an A2 size card!  Since I chose to make this a Valentine's Day themed tray- I thought it was appropriate that I created miniature decor to fit the theme.  
On the top shelf- is the smallest greeting card I've ever made!  It's 1" square.  The outside features a small heart cut from Pool Party Card Stock and the Give It A Whirl Dies.  The inside is stamped with  the "Happy to have you in my life" sentiment.  

Also on the top shelf is my favorite element- the miniature paper tree.  It was created by using various squares sized from 1/4" to 1".  The tree base is a 1/2" wooden spool with a toothpick in the center.  


For the bottom tray- I created a tiny paper lollipop that measures just 1-1/2".  It was embellished using conversations hearts cut from the Sweet Talk 12" x 12" DSP.  A tiny wooden block was covered using a striped pattern and a small heart pattern from the Sweet Talk DSP.  Conversation hearts were put on 4 sides so that a sentiment can be seen from all angles.  Two 1" wooden spools were wrapped with Poppy Parade/White Baker's Twine (from the Fan Baker's Twine) and Linen Thread.  
The mini beaded garland was created using wooden jewelry beads that measure 6mm, 8mm and 10mm.  All beads were painted and then strung onto a piece of Linen Thread.  A small tassel was created using half the width of  3/8" Real Red Faux Linen Ribbon and some Linen Thread.
The adorable little LOVE banner around the top layer ties it all together!
Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment