Wednesday, June 20, 2018

Paper Craft Crew Challenge

Good morning stampers!  Today I'm playing along with the fabulous Paper Craft Crew Challenge.  
Here is a picture of this week's sketch:



When I first looked at the sketch and idea popped right into my head!  Trust me- it's not often that that happens so when it does- I run with it!  Overall I love how it turned out!  I just wish I would have made the sand just a tad bit darker.


To create the card I first began by creating a watercolor wash using Coastal Cabana ink.  After the wash was dry- I slowly added the sand using the Shimmery White Embossing Paste.  I added several layers of embossing paste to create the mounded look.  After the paste was dry it was sponged with Sahara Sand ink.  


I used the Big Shot Embossing Mats and the Under the Sea Framelits to create the sand dollar.  As the image was embossed instead of being die cut I needed to fussy cut the shape from the card stock.  Fortunately it was super easy to do!  After the image was cut out the edges were sponged in Crumb Cake ink.


If I was to re-create the card I would have mixed the Shimmery White Embossing Paste with the Sahara Sand Reinker first and then applied it to the card.  That way there would have been more consistency throughout the sand.  

Thanks for stopping by!  I hope you have enjoyed my card!  Please be sure to head on over to the Paper Craft Crew Challenge page to check out the other fabulous cards!

4 comments:

  1. wow your card is so full of interesting detail...I love the sand--I think though you might think it should be darker, it looks like the sudsy detail of the waves washing in. Thanks for your clear instructions on how you made it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words. It was certainly fun to create!

      Delete
  2. I can not believe how beautiful this card is...it certainly looks like professional card makers have got their work cut out to keep up with your creations...

    ReplyDelete