Monday, November 9, 2020

Monday Montage #177




Hey there stampers! It's Monday and that means it's time for another Monday Montage Blog Hop!

About a week or so ago I saw an Artisan tip/trick from Zsuzsánna Baláz.  She shared how to create a background using Stampin' Blends, Window Sheets, and a Stampin' Spritzer filled with Isopropyl Alcohol.  

I've always wanted to try out alcohol inks but didn't want to invest in new ink pads.   Now- there's no need as this trick works perfectly!  Simply use the thick end of a Stampin' Blend and color onto an acrylic block.  Then mist the color with alcohol and immediately lay the Window Sheet into the wet color.  I repeated this process multiple times to get the look on the card below.  Please check out Zsuzsánna 's  video on how to create the background.  She has some amazing backgrounds that she created this way!


For my Stampin' Blends- I used the Dark Magenta Madness, Dark Mango Melody and Dark Pumpkin Pie.    To create the hearts- I used Magenta Madness and the 6" x 6" DSP from the Brights Color Collection.  As the colors somewhat changed when spritzed in alcohol I was able to use Mango Melody (instead of Pumpkin Pie) and Daffodil Delight. 



For the sentiment- I stamped Love You from the Well Said Stamp Set in VersaMark onto a piece of Magenta Madness Card Stock and heat embossed it using White Stampin' Emboss Powder and the Heat Tool.   As there is currently no Whisper White Bakers Twine- I opted to pull apart several pieces of the Playful Pets Trim Combo Pack so that I would have a nice white bow.  2020-2022 In Color Enamel Dots embellish the card.  

No comments:

Post a Comment