Monday, July 6, 2020

Stampin' Fancy Friday: Sweet Suites


Hey there stampers!  This month at Stampin' Fancy Friday we are working with our favorite product suites from the Annual Catalog.  It's no secret that my favorite suite is Whale Of A Good Time.  It's filled with gorgeous colors, amazing seascapes and whimsical sea creatures!  What's not to love?  It's amazing!


For my card- I used almost every single item in the product suite!  To start off with- I created a card base from Pretty Peacock Card Stock.  Then I added a Pretty Peacock layer that was embossed using the Seabed 3D Embossing Folder.  That embossing folder is stunning!  

Then on a piece of Shimmery White Card Stock- I sponged the following ink colors: Balmy Blue, Pacific Point, Pool Party, Shaded Spruce, Pretty Peacock (in that order).  Using a Water Painter I flicked plain water onto the colored card stock to create water splatter.  I cut this layer into 1/2" strips and adhered them to a Whisper White Card Stock scrap in a random pattern. As some pieces were longer than others- I used a Rectangle Die to cut it out into one uniform piece.  


This is a closeup of the card front.  The Whale was cut using the Whale Builder Punch from a piece of Whale Of A Time DSP and adhered in front of the sea grass and coral pieces that I had stamped.  As there are no dies for this set- I fussy cut the images.  The gorgeous little sequins are from the Whale Of A Time Sequins.  I love the little iridescent shells that come in the sequins!  They are so cute! The only item from this suite that I did not use was the 3/8" Sheer Ribbon in Pool Party.  I really wanted to use it but as you can see- the card just really did not need a bow for it to be complete.

I hope you have enjoyed my project!  Thank you so much for stopping by!

Card Ingredients:
Card Stock:  Whisper White, Shimmery White, Pretty Peacock
DSP:  Whale Of A Good Time
Stamps: Whale Done
Inks:  Balmy Blue, Pacific Point, Pool Party, Shaded Spruce, Pretty Peacock, Blackberry Bliss, Granny Apple Green
Tools/other supplies:  Whale Builder Punch, Whale Of A Good Time Sequins, Seabed 3D Embossing Folder, Rectangle Dies, Water Painters

No comments:

Post a Comment