Monday, June 5, 2023

Monday Montage #237





Hello stampin' friends!  It's been very sunny and hot here in Ohio the past few weeks.  I'm not complaining- I actually LOVE the sunshine and everything that comes with it.   My card today was inspired by the beautiful sunny weather.


To create this card- I began by die cutting two different Crushed Curry/white- dotted patterns from the Delightfully Eclectic DSP using the Patchwork Pieces Dies.  Then I reassembled the sun rays by alternating each pattern and adhering each ray to a piece of Basic White Card Stock that measures 3-1/2" x 4-3/4".   As you can see in the pictures-I left about a 1/4" gap between the DSP pieces...I did not measure this- just eyed it.  I then used the Basic Borders Dies to create a series of 3 cloud pieces (all which were 3-1/2" wide) and attached those to the bottom portion of the Basic White layer using Stampin' Dimensional.  


The sun itself was cut from a Crushed Curry Card Stock scrap using the Reach For The Stars Dies.  Next,  I embossed it using the dotted pattern from the Basics 3D Embossing Folders (available online). It was then adhered just behind the back cloud layer using Multipurpose Liquid Glue.


The sentiment is from 2 different stamp sets- Just My Type and Gorgeously Made.  Hello was stamped in Crushed Curry Classic Ink and stamped off one time to create the lighter shade.  I then cut each letter out using the smallest circle die from the Reach For The Stars Dies and adhered to the front cloud using Mini Glue Dots. Friend was stamped in full strength Crushed Curry Classic Ink and adhered to the bottom of the O using Multipurpose Liquid Glue.
The card was finished off using my favorite new embellishment- the Loose Silver Sequins.

Thanks for stopping by!  Please be sure to click the links below to navigate throughout the hop!  BACK will take you to Charlet Mallet and NEXT to Elizabeth Price.  





No comments:

Post a Comment