Friday, July 29, 2022

TGIF Challenges: Back To School

 


Hello Friends! Today I'm playing along with the TGIF Challenges Design Team. We are sharing projects with a "back to school" theme.  This was a little tough for me as I don't have anything that's really "meant" for back to school.  Afterall- my kids are grown!


My card today features a giant pencil on a chalkboard frame.  If you look close-  you'll notice that the chalkboard is messy.  I always remember going to school and seeing the chalkboards all chalky.  To get this effect on card-I used the Embossing Buddy from the Embossing Additions Took Kit to "chalk" the background before stamping and heat embossing on it.


I also created a giant pencil to go along with the chalkboard.  To do this- I simply sketched out how I thought a big pencil would look onto a piece of Basic White Card Stock.  I cut the sketch out to use as a template.  The eraser was made using Flirty Flamingo Card Stock, the metal piece that attaches the pencil eraser and the pencil was created using Smoky Slate Card Stock.  The pencil body was created by first cutting a piece of Mango Melody Card Stock the same size as the pencil.  Then I used the chevron die from the Basic Borders Dies on the bottom end  to give the pencil the appearance of being "sharpened".  The pencil body was then cut into strips (to give the appearance of ridges) and adhered to the template.  The sharpened pencil point was created using Crumb Cake Card Stock and the point was colored in using the Black Dark Stampin' Blend.


As I was having difficulty coming up with stamps to match the theme of this card I chose to add the year 2022 to the pencil using the Alphabest Stamp Set and coordinating Best Label Punch.  Images were stamped using Starry Sky Classic Ink.


Why not join in on the fun and create a card of your own?  Simply create a card using the above sketch and submit it on the TGIF Challenges blog using the guidelines below!

Deadline for challenges is Thursday 8/4/2022 at 10am PST.



  • Uploaded projects need to be direct linked to your blog, Facebook, or other on line gallery.
  • Please post the TGIF Challenge graphic on your blog and link back to our site
  • Your project MUST be new and inspired by our challenge parameters
  • When sharing your project publicly, please use this weeks hashtag- #TGIFC379
  • Winning project(s) will be posted on next week's challenge on Friday 8/5/2022
  • Questions should be left in the comment section
  • Challengers can even post your cards on our FB page too!!  "Like us" while you're there :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment