Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Tent Favor Box

Good morning!
WOW!  This is my second post in one day!  I've been playing around with a few templates to see if I could recreate the tent favor box on page 50 in the new Stampin' Up! Catalog.  Here is what I came up with:
Isn't it adorable?  I know I say love a lot- but I LOVE this little favor box.  It is so stinkin' cute!  They are super easy to make and only take a few minutes.  I stamped mine with the Woodgrain Background Stamp and adhered it together with Sticky Strip.  Wouldn't these be fun for cub scouts?  Or any boy party in general.  

Want to make one of your own?  I used the template from this site: Triangle Box Template  The actual template that I used is on page 2.  The only modification I made was the addition of the door slit. Be sure to cut the slits BEFORE you assemble your box.  To make the door frame- I used a craft knife and made a vertical slit about an inch long in the center of one of the end triangles.  Then I cut along the bottom score line on the same triangle to make an intersecting T (the T will be upside down).  Carefully fold back your flaps and viola!  A cute little tent!
Have a great day!

7 comments:

  1. Love this tent! Absolutely adorable and would work for Girl Scouts too. Thanks so much for sharing the template.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Saw your post on IG, and had to come and take a closer look. I LOVE this adorable tent. Sooo cute. And thanks for the tutorial

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute I tell ya... Cute!!! Thanks for posting and sharing....
    Faith

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Dani,
    I saw your nice and cute tent in SC and wanted to have a look of yyour instruction!
    THANK you so very much for sharing and for the template as well!
    Uta from Germany.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This will be PERFECT for our team's (Pampered Chef) annual Boot Camp! Thank you SO much for sharing your template.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I made two of these for my daughter who is a homeschool mom to fill with treats for my grandsons first day of homeschool...they came out so adorable....thank you for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  7. hi,
    love the idea. wanted to look at the triangle box template, but the link does not appear to be working.

    regards
    SF

    ReplyDelete