Saturday, July 2, 2016

Hello

Hello there!  Did you head out on an adventure for this 4th of July weekend?  Unfortunately we did not.  We chose to take a family vacation later in the year.  That's ok though as staying home meant that I could spend the day at my desk and craft till my heart's content!
While dreaming of an island vacation- this gorgeous vision popped into my head!  I had left the flamingo as a solid stamped image but then I thought why not bring it to life!  Give the guy some feathers!  



Ok so they're not really feathers but it IS texture and it looks AWESOME!  Here's a close up so you can see what I mean.  


How did I do this you ask?  Easy peasy!  I simply punched about 15-20 of the smallest flower from the Blossom Builder punch.  Then I used the stylus from the Simply Scored Scoring Tool and the Stampin' Pierce mat to distress the flowers.  I started in the center of the flower and with the stylus I began making a circular motion.  This in turn made the little flowers curl.  Next I simply folded the flowers up, added a glue dot and stuck it to the flamingo.  Viola!  Easy peasy!  
Thanks for stopping by!

Card Ingredients:
Card Stock:  Whisper White Thick, Basic Black, Flirty Flamingo, Pool Party
Stamps:  Pop of Paradise
Inks:  Flirty Flamingo, Basic Black, Emerald Envy, Peekaboo Peach
Tools/other supplies:  Gold Foil Sheets, Gold Sequin Trim, Gold Metallic Thread, Blossom Builder Punch, Simply Scored Scoring Tool (stylus), Stampin' Pierce Mat, Banner Triple Punch, Heat Tool, Gold Stampin' Emboss Powder, 1-3/8" Circle Punch


6 comments:

  1. So cute Dani! What a fun flamingo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute is that? Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness! This is just so CUTE! I hadn't even planned to get this set...but now I want it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness! This is just so CUTE! I hadn't even planned to get this set...but now I want it!

    ReplyDelete