Sunday, March 30, 2014

Monday Montage 16






        Hello there and welcome back for the bi-weekly Monday Montage blog hop.  You should have arrived here from the wonderful Cathy Casey's blog.  If not and I'm your first stop- no worries! Simply use the back/next buttons at the bottom of this post to navigate your way around the hop.

Tonight's project is a scrapbook page that I created using an old picture of my older sister Courtney and I. This picture isn't just any ordinary picture.  It was taken many many years ago and it's actually a picture of a picture.  (I think I'm around 19-20 months old in this picture)

When I visited my parents a few weeks ago I went through some old pictures with my mom.  This was one of my favorites!
For my scrapbook page- I wanted to do something a little different.  I actually printed my picture out onto a piece of Canvas Creations instead of photo paper.  It took me a few tries to get it right but overall- I like how the picture came out!  It has that "old fashioned" feel to it.
             
Here's a close-up of the canvas picture.  It's hard to tell that it's canvas but if you look at the texture of the image- you'll see that it is!

For the flowers- I also used Canvas Creations and the Spiral Flower Die.  Then I sponged each spiral with ink (I use Bermuda Bay, Crushed Curry and Wisteria Wonder), rolled them up and glued them together. 

 Using the Canvas Creations for the flowers was a lot different than using card stock or DSP.  The canvas isn't as sturdy as paper is.  

It's hard to see in the picture but I used my sewing machine to sew a zig-zag stitch along the left side and bottom border of the page.  

Have a great day and thanks for stopping by!  Hit the next button to head on over to see what the fabulous Dara Gloden has whipped up this week!


Ingredients:
Card Stock:  Very Vanilla
DSP:  Afternoon Picnic
Stamps:  Gorgeous Grunge, Loving Thoughts
Inks:  Wisteria Wonder, Bermuda Bay, Crushed Curry
Tools/other supplies:  Stampin' Trimmer, Big Shot, Spiral Flower Die, Tea Lace Paper Doilies, Early Espresso Baker's Twine, 1/2" Very Vanilla Seam Binding Ribbon, Glue Dots, Stampin' Dimensionals, Mini Banner Punch, Paper Snips, Canvas Creations, Sponge Dauber, sewing machine, thread, hot glue gun/hot glue sticks














3 comments:

  1. FaBOOOO!!! I TOTALLY love how you printed the photo on the Canvas Creations ... the flowers, trim and muted colors are PERFECT!! Gonna "steal" the photo/canvas idea ... BRILLIANT! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this sooooo many ways! Gosh Dani, gorgeous! And I can't wait to try this technique with the canvas :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE this page! What a great idea to print your photo on canvas AND use it for your flowers too...so creative!

    ReplyDelete