Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Four Feathers and tons of GOLD

Hello there!
I LOVE layers!  Don't you?  Not just in clothing but also in paper crafting. Now- I'm not really sure I could get away with wearing 5+ layers of clothing but I can get away with a TON of layers with my card.  And as you can see below- that's exactly what I did!  TONS of layers.  Everything from card stock to DSP to modeling paste, ribbons, inks and much more!

I must admit that this card has literally taken me a good portion of my evening to create.  Not because I was short on ideas but because I had to wait for all the different mediums to dry.  Definitely a s.l.o.w process but I love how it turned out.  I'm sure I could have kept adding to it but then at some point I think it would have become too gaudy.
One of my favorite aspects of this card is the feathers.  LOVE love love Four Feathers stamp set and I'm so happy it's still available in the Occasions Mini Catalog.  It's kinda hard to see in the picture but the little feather is also partially embossed with Gold stampin' emboss powder.
Thanks for stopping by!
Card Ingredients:
Card Stock:  Crumb Cake, Very Vanilla, Bermuda Bay
DSP:  Typeset Specialty DSP, Gold Glimmer Paper
Stamps:  Four Feathers, Sheltering Tree
Inks:  Bermuda Bay, Crumb Cake
Tools/other supplies:  Stampin' Trimmer, Big Shot, Feathers Framelits Dies, Mini Treat Bag Thinlits Die, Paper Snips, Linen Thread, Artisan Embellishments Kit (pearl), Heat Tool, Gold Stampin' Emboss Powder, Woodgrain Embossing Folder, Paper Snips, Venetian Crochet Trim, Sponge Daubers, Paper Doily, modeling paste, gesso

No comments:

Post a Comment