Sunday, January 21, 2018

Monday Montage #108




Hello there and welcome back for the bi-weekly Monday Montage blog hop. I'm so happy you joined us!  Be sure to visit all 9 stops to see what other amazing designers have created to share with you.

For my projects tonight I have chosen to use the Petal Passion Designer Series Paper and two of my favorite stamp sets from the Occasions Catalog-  Heart Happiness and Sure Do Love You.  Since I love to make Valentine's- I thought it would be the perfect time to start!


For the card- I began by using a 4" x 5-1/4" layer of Petal Passion DSP.  I then sewed along the edges.  You'll notice that on both the left and right sides of the card I sewed a zigzag pattern to add interest.


I love all the little details in the gold heart above.  It's a solid stamp however if you look closely- you'll see that the heart itself is made up fo lots of little hearts connected together to form a larger heart.  


For the little milk boxes- I am not the original creator of those.  I CASED The Paper Pixie.  She created a mini video tutorial and shared it on her page. If you need the tutorial- be sure to click above.   
The little milk cartons are so simple to create and SUPER cute! 

On some of the hearts- I used the Heart Happiness Stamp Set and the Sweet & Sassy Framelits to create smaller hearts (but with patterns).  To do this- I simply stamped the larger striped heart and cut out a small heart from the center of the stamped image.

Here's a close up so you can see just how tiny they are!  I made a bunch for my co-workers for Valentine's Day.  I LOVE them because you can get 8 from one sheet of 12" x 12" paper.  That makes them pretty inexpensive when needing to make multiples!


Won't you join us for the rest of the hop?  Simply click the NEXT button to go to the fabulous Elizabeth Price or click the BACK button to head on over to the lovely Cathy Casey.  Thanks for stopping by!








2 comments:

  1. Super cute cartons! Did you know your hop is broken at Wickedly Wonderful...I hopped to that blog and the page doesn't exist.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lorie! Wendy isn't up yet...hence the broken link. She should be up any time now!

    ReplyDelete