Thursday, February 21, 2019

Fancy Friday Blog Hop

Hello there and welcome back for another Fancy Friday blog hop.  I'm hopping with my fancy friends today- all are either current or former members of the Stampin' UP! Artisan Design Team.  For this month we are sharing our favorite Occasions Products.  

For me- this was easy peasy!  I totally adore the Tea Together Stamp Set and coordinating Tea Time Framelits Dies.  When I first saw this set I knew I had to try the no-line watercoloring.  I'm definitely far from perfecting this technique but I think overall both of my cards came out pretty well!


I've been playing around with Soft Sea Foam, Flirty Flamingo and Lovely Lipstick for a color combination and overall- I think it works!  


To create the card above- I inked the rosebud image from the Tea Together Stamp Set in Soft Sea Foam ink and stamped it off onto a scrap piece of paper before stamping it onto the Watercolor Card Stock.  Then each individual rose/leaf was colored in using a variety of watercolor washes that had been created with either the Lovely Lipstick or Soft Sea Foam re-inkers and an Aqua Painter.  


A piece of Flirty Flamingo from the All My Love Ribbon Combo Pack was used to tie a bow around the watercolor layer of the card.  Happy Mother's Day was stamped in Tuxedo Black Memento ink onto a Soft Sea Foam card stock scrap and cut out with the smallest oval from the Stitched Shapes Dies.  


Creating the card above is pretty straight forward.  I used the Rectangles Stitched Framelits Dies to create the Basic Black layer.  Once the layer was cut out- I embossed it using the Lace Dynamic Textured Impressions Embossing Folder.


The top left corner of the Basic Black layer was curled using a Bone Folder until the card stock fibers split.  A Flirty Flamingo bow from the All My Love Ribbon Combo pack was added for interest.  


This is a closeup of the no-line watercoloring that I did for the Tea Pot.  Next time I think I'll make an even lighter wash or not color the entire piece in.  That way the kettle would look kinda shiny.  Overall I'm pretty happy with how it turned out.  Especially since it was my first time trying the no- line watercolor technique.  

I hope you have enjoyed my projects tonight!  
Please continue along on our hop and visit my friend Marisa Gunn's beautiful project!







1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous water colouring and I love the beautiful colour combo! Thanks for sharing! Rochelle xo

    ReplyDelete