Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Merry Christmas!

Ok.  So I know it's not Christmas...but I have a gorgeous Christmas card to share with you today!  At the beginning of the month I fell in love with a tag that Connie Collins had designed for the Artisan Design Team blog hop.  On that tag, she created a beautiful flower using the Thoughtful Branches stamp set and the coordinating Beautiful Branches thinlits.  Her flower was just gorgeous and I knew I needed to create one of my own!  

For my flower- I stamped the leaf image in VersaMark ink onto Vellum and embossed it with Gold Stampin' Emboss Powder.  I then cut each leaf out with the Beautiful Branches thinlits.  I used a 3/4" Whisper White circle as the base for the flower.  I then began gluing the leaves in layers until they resembled a flower.  
You may have noticed that my layers have a border- To create that- using Washi Tape- I taped off a square around the outer edges of my layers.  I inked the edges in VersaMark ink and embossed them with Gold Stampin' Emboss Powder.  Unfortunately the picture does not do this card justice.  It is absolutely gorgeous in person!

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment