Sunday, March 24, 2019

A Special Birthday Card

Hey there stampers!  Tonight I'm sharing a birthday card that was created for my friend Andrea's 40th Birthday.  I've been waiting and waiting.....and waiting to share this card but she has finally received it so it's no longer a surprise.  

As 40 is a milestone birthday- I wanted to create something special for her.  I used the Flowering Desert Stamp Set as I know it's one of her favorites.  
I first began by stamping the "berries" image in Lovely Lipstick ink onto a Lovely Lipstick card base.  I then layered a piece of Vellum Card Stock onto the Lovely Lipstick Layer.  Using the Rectangle Stitched Shapes Framelits- I cut out a Whisper White Card Stock Layer.  This layer was spattered with Granny Apple Green and Garden Green inks and layered on top of the Vellum layer.  Next- I created a 2" x 3-1/2" tag that had been stamped with the Flowering Desert images as well as the Happy Birthday Sentiment from the Amazing Life Stamp Set.  


 A piece of Granny Apple Green Textured Weave Ribbon was added to the top of the tag and tied on with a piece of Linen Thread.  To personalize the card- I cut an A from the Large Letters Framelits Dies and added it on top of a bunch of Metallic Silver Thread.  Andrea was stamped from the Labeler Alphabet Stamp Set and fussy cut.  To finish the card off- a big Lovely Lipstick bow was tied around the Whisper White layer.  

I hope she enjoyed her special card and her special day!
Thanks for stopping by!




No comments:

Post a Comment