Monday, November 23, 2020

Monday Montage #178



  It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas and it's not even Thanksgiving!  It's been a very different year due to Covid-19 and it's got me in the mood to decorate early! 

As I was in the mood for some decorating- I thought it would be fun to create a Christmas card to share with you all today.  


This card is very pretty in person!  The colors are so vivid and really pop against the Whisper White background.  To create the colored background- I began by sponging Bashful Blue, Pacific Point, Pool Party, Shaded Spruce and Pretty Peacock ink onto a piece of Shimmery White Card Stock.  I then used a Water Painter to flick water all over to add specks of discoloration.  


After the background dried- I cut it into 1/2" strips and adhered them slightly off color to a piece of Whisper White Card Stock.  (Some strips were adhered higher than others to make the colors appear in different places on the background).  Next, using the Stitched Rectangle Dies- I cut a rectangle out of the background.  This ensured that all the strips were now the same size and in correct position.


Adhesive Backed Snowflakes were adhered randomly on the card front to complete the look.  I wasn't sure if I would like the outcome but I ended up loving it!  

Thanks for stopping by!    Please be sure to click the links below to navigate throughout the hop!  My fellow Monday Montager's have some amazing projects to share!  

No comments:

Post a Comment