Thursday, February 8, 2018

OSAT Don't Go Breaking My Heart Blog Hop

Hey there stampers!  It's time for another OSAT Blog Hop!  Are you as excited as I am?  I LOVE hopping with this fabulous group of Stampin' UP! demonstrators.  


I have 2 projects to share today.  The first was inspired by and is pretty much a CASE of a card that Shellie Gardner shared at OnStage this past November.  I've made a few changes however for the most part- I kept it the same as Shellie's.  


This view shows what the card looks like when it's opened.  This card looks harder to create than it actually is.  To make things a little quicker,  start with a Whisper White Notecard.  Cut off approximately 1/4" from the two side edges (the notecards measure 3-1/2" x 5".  After trimming it measures 3-1/4" x 5" when folded on the score line).   This allows the Classic Label Punch to punch directly in the center of the card.  


Using a sewing machine- stitch the sentiment and the heart together into the center of the card.  To close- simply fold both sides of the heart together and insert through the opening on the front of the card.  Easy peasy!

The idea for my second project comes from my friend Becky.  She created a tiny box like this last year and when I went searching for ideas- this one popped up!  It couldn't be any more perfect to coordinate with my card.  


The box is pretty tiny measuring in at 2" when complete.  The rectangle opening was cut using the Stampin' Trimmer.  In keeping with the same theme as my card above- the heart was also sewed to the box.  As the box is only 2" it doesn't hold a lot but it does hold a good amount of conversation hearts or M&M's (or a Ghirardelli chocolate square). 


No need to worry about the treats falling out as the box is secured tightly when closed.  It's a fun little treat!



I hope you have enjoyed my project for this month!  It's been a fun one to create! 

Happy Stampin'!





5 comments: