Sunday, February 25, 2018

Stamping Sunday Blog Hop- Lots of Happy Birthday


Good morning stampers!  I'm excited to announce that today I am a guest blogger for the Stamping Sunday Blog Hop.  How cool is that?  I was really excited when Sara invited me to participate.  I was actually on vacation in Disney World when she asked and it totally made my day!  

The hop this month features either the Perennial Birthday Project Kit or the Lots of Happy Card Kit....using it in a way other than it was intended.  Of course I chose the Lots of Happy Card Kit.  Why you ask?  Simply put- I adore that kit!  The contents are absolutely amazing.  Especially the black and white striped paper!  LOVE IT!


I created 2 projects for the hop.  A card and an impossible box.  I'm really happy with how they turned out and I know my friend will LOVE them just as much as I do!  Her birthday was actually last Thursday but that's ok- she will get them at her birthday celebration on Tuesday.


Up first is the beautiful birthday card.  As I used Pink Pirouette Stampin' Blends to color the flowers on the image I thought it fitting to also use Pink Pirouette Card Stock.  I used the Lemon Lime Twist Stampin' Write Marker to color in the leaves.  It's a little difficult to see in the picture but I colored some of the leaves a few times to make them look darker than others.  


Here is a closeup of the front of the card.  The iridescent and black sequins add the perfect finishing touch!


This is the impossible box.  What exactly is an impossible box?  It's a one piece box/lid.  Simply pull up on the top to open!  Once open- the box is large enough for some candy treats or other small trinkets.


Here you can somewhat see the top appears to be "caved" in.  That's just the opening in the box!  It's pretty cool actually!  It's a self closing box so there is no extra ribbon or adhesive necessary to hold it closed.  


This is a closeup of the front of the box.  For the sentiment- I first stamped the sentiment in Memento Black Ink and stamped it onto a piece of Whisper White Card Stock.  Next I inked up the floral image with Smoky Slate Ink, stamped it off onto my grid paper and then stamped it directly over the sentiment.  Did you see the Pink Pirouette Organza Ribbon?  That was created using the White Organza Ribbon from the Occasions Catalog.  I colored it using the Pink Pirouette Light Stampin' Blend Marker.   To finish it off, I added a few coordinating embellishments.  SO cute and oh so fun!  Easy to create too!

I hope you have enjoyed my projects today!  Please continue along on the hop with us!  Simply click the link in the blog roll to visit the next blog!

Happy Sunday!




6 comments:

  1. Beautiful projects Dani! I love the addition of the Pink Pirouette and glimmer paper to the kit. It totally changes the look of the card. And your box, it's is fantastic! Thanks for being our guest designer for today's Stamping Sunday blog hop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow these are amazing! Thank you so much for hopping with us 😘

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, Dani. I love how you have added the Pink Pirouette; so pretty. I really need to make me an Impossible Box now. Thankyou so much for joining us as Guest Designer. D xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love both of your projects. The card is gorgeous and the box is something else. I've not seen this type of box before, if looks fantastic and I need to know how to make one. I'm hoping you can point me in the right direction or share them on your blog. Thank you for showing the beautiful things you make and for inspiring. Take good care.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for being a guest on the blog hop! Your projects are stunning! That impossible box looks like something I need to learn how to do! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card and love the little box! Thank you so much for being a guest designer with us this month!

    ReplyDelete