Sunday, September 10, 2017

Scrapbooks and Cards Today- Stampin' UP! Saturday

Hey there stampers!  Yesterday my friend Mindy Bingamon and I were guest bloggers on the Scrapbook and Cards Today Blog for Stampin' UP! Saturday.  Here is the link to the original post:  http://scrapbookandcardstodaymag.typepad.com/scrapbook_cards_today_blo/2017/09/stampin-up-inspiration-saturday.html

Please head on over to the SCT website and and check our gorgeous projects out! Leave a comment on the Scrapbook and Cards Today Blog post and you'll be entered to win a the Painted Autumn Stamp Set and a package of coordinating Painted Autumn Designer Series Paper!  Your comment MUST be on THEIR site to qualify!

  The first picture is of both of my projects.  I wanted to share that one can create gorgeous cards/projects by using the images from the Painted Autumn DSP or by using the Painted Harvest Stamp Set. Either option gives beautiful results!


On this card- I have only used a sentiment from the Painted Harvest Stamp Set.  The sunflower image has been fussy cut directly from a piece of coordinating Painted Autumn DSP.


My next project was a series of 4 boxes created as Table Favors for Thanksgiving.  Each box is pretty much the same with the only differences being in the sunflower images and the name tags on the side of the belly band.  


To create the sunflowers- I began by inking the outer part of the sunflower with Crushed Curry ink and stamping it onto Watercolor Paper.  I then inked the top layer of the sunflower in Crushed Curry ink and stamped it directly over the first stamped image.  Using Early Espresso- I added the center portion of the flower.  Now comes the fun part!  Using a Stampin' Spritzer filled with water- I carefully spritzed the image LIGHTLY.  After the colors started to run- I knew I had spritzed enough!  Then I let the images dry and attached them to card stock layers onto a belly band.


This is a close up of the side of each box.  Using the Labeler Alphabet I was able to create a little name tag for each person and attach it to the box.  

Aren't they adorable?  Thanks for stopping by!  
Again- please head on over to the Scrapbook and Cards Today Blog and check out the rest of our projects!  


No comments:

Post a Comment