Thursday, June 6, 2013

Being negative can be good!

Good morning!
Today I have another card to share with you.  Some of the elements on this card are new and some are old. I'm sure some of you have seen the cute card on page 75 of the new Stampin' Up! catalog.  The title of the block the card is featured in says "Being Negative Can Be Good! (Sometimes)".  Since I have never tried the Negative Image technique- I chose to create a card that featured this technique.
This technique is super simple and the results are awesome!  How exactly do you create a card using this technique?  First- you use a Framelits die to create negative space. (I used the Hearts Collection Framelits)  Then you use a background stamp to fill the space with a design.  It's as simple as that!  To finish my card off- I chose to create a card base from Strawberry Slush and embossed with the Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder.  I then took my stamped image and adhered the new Strawberry Slush Ruffled Stretch Ribbon along the outside edges.  Add some Stampin' Dimensionals on all 4 corners and adhere to your card base.  I added a sentiment to mine from the Fabulous Phrases stamp set.  Embellish as desired.

Card Ingredients:
Card Stock:  Whisper White, Strawberry Slush
Stamps:  Fabulous Phrases, Wood Grain Background 
Inks:  Coastal Cabana, Strawberry Slush
Tools:  Stampin' Trimmer, Big Shot, Hearts Collection Framelits, Perfect Polka Dots Embossing Folder, Chevron Embossing Folder, Bitty Banners Framelits, Rhinestone Basic Jewels, Stampin' Sponge, Paper Snips, SNAIL, Stampin' Dimensionals

No comments:

Post a Comment