Sunday, May 7, 2017

Happy Birthday Gorgeous

Hello there!  I've been playing around with several new products from the upcoming Annual Catalog.  All I can say is that you will absolutely LOVE the new Stampin' UP! 2017-2018 Annual Catalog.  If you do not have a copy and would like one- please send me an email.  I am happy to drop one in the mail to you!  Sorry- US residents only please.  

Here is one of the cards I have created using a few of the new products.  This stamp set is called Happy Birthday Gorgeous and it's totally fun!  It coordinates with the Happy Birthday Thinlits die or it can be used by itself!  


To create the Happy Birthday- I first cut out a Lemon Lime Twist sentiment using the Big Shot and the Happy Birthday Thinlits die.  Next,  I cut out another Happy Birthday sentiment in Whisper White card stock.  I then began to stamp two different floral images onto the Whisper White sentiment.  One in Bermuda Bay and the other in Berry Burst.  Next I added some Lemon Lime Twist leaves.  


The Whisper White Happy Birthday was then staggered slightly on top of the Lemon Lime Twist sentiment to create an outline effect.


  A Bermuda Bay banner stamped with the words "to you" was added to complete the sentiment.  The  Berry Burst flower was first inked in Berry Burst then stamped off to make the image less vibrant.  The flower details were stamped in Berry Burst  and then lined up with the solid image to create the full effect.  


How about that GORGEOUS Bermuda Bay 3/8" Mini Chevron Ribbon?  Don't you just LOVE it?  It's so soft and ties perfectly!  I cannot wait to get it in more colors!  See those cute little pearls?  To create them in coordinating colors, I simply used a Stampin' Write Marker to color the Pearl Basic Jewel.  

I hope you have enjoyed my card tonight!  Thanks for stopping by!  

******UPDATE*******
I have edited this post to add 2 more samples created using the exact same technique I used on the card above.  I hope you enjoy!
The card below features Bermuda Bay as the main color.  I think this is my favorite version so far!


This is my third version.  This one features Berry Burst as the main color.  I LOVE them all....
They all have such a unique look!  I love that when Bermuda Bay, Berry Burst and Lemon Lime Twist are paired together- all the colors seem to have a different hue depending on what the main color is!  So fun!




Card Ingredients:  
Card Stock:  Whisper White, Lemon Lime Twist*
Inks:  Bermuda Bay, Lemon Lime Twist*, Berry Burst*
Stamps:  Happy Birthday Gorgeous*
Tools/other supplies:  Big Shot, Happy Birthday Thinlits Die*, 3/8" Mini Chevron Ribbon (Bermuda Bay)*, 2017-2019 Stampin' Write Markers *

Items marked with an * are not currently available.  Contact me today to see how you can get your hands on some of the upcoming goodies!

2 comments:

  1. Super cute! Great card to do at a class! TFS, Dani:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all versions of this card. Just wondering what size your card measures, it looks like it's square?

    ReplyDelete