Sunday, May 14, 2017

Wood Words

Hello there!  Have you been enjoying the sneak peeks from the upcoming catalog?  I know there have been a TON available through various sites.  Beginning Monday of this week- I will again be focusing on the 2016-2017 Annual Catalog as well as retiring products.  I will occasionally be throwing in a sneak peek but the majority of my postings will share the current and retiring products.  

My post for tonight is a set of four 3" x 3" cards.  I love to make these little cards mostly because they're perfect to give with a gift.  They are easy to create, take very little time to make and typically don't use many supplies.  Their size is what makes them fun!


I totally adore the floral image from the Wood Words stamp set.  A few weeks ago I used it as a border along the outside edge of a card.  (See this post here)  I loved how it turned out and thought it would be the perfect addition to my 3" x 3" cards.  


This one is my favorite 💕  It's just so sweet!  I love how each of the images in the Wood Words set  either the heart, the star, the circle or the rooster are all distressed.  It adds a somewhat country feel to the cards.  


The images all measure around 1" and are the perfect size for 3" x 3" cards.  They're not too big, they're not too small.  They are just right!


Pair the images with a coordinating sentiment or in the case of this card- use only a portion of the sentiment.  Either way- it's super cute!


Why yes that is a rooster!  LOVE the rooster!  I paired the rooster with the Fresh Treats sentiment as it reminded me of farm fresh goodness!

To create the floral border on each of these cards, I used a piece of Washi Tape to mask off a 1/2" section.  I then inked the floral image with Basic Black Archival Ink and stamped in the border.  I then removed the Washi Tape and added a thin strip of Gold Glimmer paper and a 2-1/2" x 3" layer.  Then I stamped/embellished the rest of the card.

Thanks for stopping by!

Ingredients:
Card Stock:  Whisper White, Berry Burst*, Powder Pink*, Daffodil Delight, Pool Party
Stamps:  Wood Words*
Inks: Powder Pink*, Pool Party, Berry Burst*, Daffodil Delight
Tools/other supplies:  Gold Glimmer Paper, Washi Tape, Black Metallic Thread, Pearl Basic Jewels

* denotes products not currently available







1 comment:

  1. So very attractive...the wooden sentiments are great!!! Good job Danielle...I love them all

    ReplyDelete