Friday, May 8, 2020

Stampin' Fancy Friday: Fancy Colors Challenge

Hello there stampin' friends!  Today I'm sharing the card I created for the Stampin' Fancy Friday Fancy Colors Challenge.  This month we are sharing projects created using our favorite Stampin' UP! color combinations or a color combination that we've always wanted to try.  


My project features these colors from the Brights Collection:  Bermuda Bay, Poppy Parade, Granny Apple Green, Mango Melody.  Definitely NOT a color combination I would have ever put together but as you can see from my card- it works!


I've never been much of a "brights" person.  I mean, don't get me wrong- I love the bright colors- they're just a challenge for me to use.  So for my project- I began by creating a watercolor wash using Bermuda Bay and Granny Apple Green Reinkers, a piece of Fluid 100 Watercolor Paper and an Aqua Painter.  


After my watercolor wash was dry I began adding my stamped images.  From the Very Versailles Stamp Set- I used the words stamp that had been inked in Smoky Slate.  I stamped it in two places on the card.  Then I added a layer of Embossing Paste using the Pattern Party Decorative Masks and the Palette Knives.

After the Embossing Paste was completely dry- I used the cap of a Reinker bottle that had been pressed onto the Mango Melody Ink Pad to stamp circular images onto the watercolor layer.  I did this in several places before spritzing flecks of ink all over the card front.  


The edges of the watercolored image were distressed using a pair of Paper Snips.  As I was creating this underwater scene- I wanted to utilize the Under The Sea Dies to create a faux fish net, a beachy sand dollar and some underwater greenery.  


The Seahorse was stamped onto a piece of Fluid 100 Watercolor Paper in Black Staz-On Ink and colored in using Mango Melody and Poppy Parade.  To add the bubbly appearance- I carefully dropped tiny droplets of water onto the dry watercolored image using an Aqua Painter.  Next- he was fussy cut and carefully adhered upon the layers of underwater ephemera.  

Overall- I've learned a few things from this challenge!  If you're intimidated by bright colors as I was- watercolor them!  It makes the way less intimidating!  Adding random pops of bright color really helps draw attention to different details.  

Thanks for stopping by!



No comments:

Post a Comment