Monday, June 22, 2020

Monday Montage #167 Birds & Branches




Hello and welcome back for another Monday Montage Blog Hop!  Are you ready to see all our fabulous projects this week?

Tonight I've decided to pull out a new stamp set that's been sitting on my shelf since the demonstrator preorder.  Shocking, I know!  Usually when I preorder I spend hours playing with my new goodies but I was limited on time this time around.

The Birds & Branches Stamp Set and coordinating Birds & More Dies are really cute.  When I pulled the stamps off my shelf I knew exactly what I wanted to create.  A birdhouse and a cute card!!


I think I did pretty good!  The birdhouse itself is created from a sheet of Peony Garden DSP.  The roof of the birdhouse was created using a piece of Gray Granite Card Stock that had been embossed using the Dainty Diamonds 3D Embossing Folder.  The roof actually opens so it can hold treats or another small gift.  

For the card- I used Gray Granite Card Stock and a piece of Peony Garden DSP.  I love the gorgeous Gray Granite patterns!  
The birds were stamped in Petal Pink Ink onto a piece of Whisper White Card Stock and then cut out with the coordinating Birds & More Dies.  The little eggs were stamped in Pool Party Ink.  Two branches were cut- one is adhered behind the scalloped rectangle (Stitched So Sweetly Dies) and the other is adhered to the front of the birds nest.  

Here's a closeup of the card.


The little birdhouse is my favorite.  It is absolutely adorable!  The base of it is right around 2-3/4" square- so it's not very big at all.


I didn't embellish the front of it as much as I would have liked to.  I wanted to let the actual birdhouse be the star instead of the embellishments.  I'm thrilled that the Petal Pink Organdy Striped Ribbon carried over into this years Annual Catalog.  It's gorgeous and I can't wait to create more projects with it!
I hope you have enjoyed my projects!
Thanks for stopping by!  Be sure to use the links below to navigate through the hop!  Click the BACK button to see what the fabulous Cheryl Curtis has created or click the NEXT button and head on over to check out the wonderful Elizabeth Price has created to share with you!




No comments:

Post a Comment