Thursday, January 9, 2014

An old hobby...

Have you ever had a hobby that you loved but for some reason or another- you gave it up?  That's me when it comes to flowers/floral arrangements.  As I've mentioned before- I used to create dried floral arrangements for a living.  I gave it up several years ago for various reasons but my love of flowers and creating floral arrangements will always be with me!  That's why I was super excited to see the Spiral Flower Die in the new 2014 Occasions Catalog from Stampin' Up!  

Using the new Spiral Flower Die, I was able to create this adorable mini flower arrangement in about 20 minutes.  The most time consuming part was cutting the strips of Crisp Cantaloupe card stock for the vase filler.  To make the flowers- I used the Spiral Flower die and the Big Shot. I was able to cut all 4 flowers at once thus saving time!  I then used my Bone Folder to break down the fibers in the DSP a little bit.  This process also helps the flower roll easier.  Once the flowers were rolled up- I adhered them together using hot glue.  A tiny floral wire was inserted through a hole in the bottom of the flower (I used my Paper Piercing tool to put a hole for the wire).  It's as simple as that!


Did you notice the DSP and the Twine used to create this arrangement?  They are both SNEAK PEEKS from the upcoming Sale-a-Bration flyer.  The DSP is called Sweet Sorbet and the Twine is from the Sweet Sorbet Accessory pack.

Have you received your copy of the 2014 Occasions Mini Catalog and Sale-a-Bration flyer yet?  If not- please send me an email and I will send one out to you!  I am hosting a Occasions Catalog party on January 28th at 6pm.  I chose this day because it's also the first day of Sale-a-Bration.  Please RSVP so I know how many people to plan for.

Thanks for stopping by today!

Ingredients:
Card Stock:  Crisp Cantaloupe
DSP:  Sweet Sorbet
Tools/other supplies:  Big Shot, Spiral Flower Die, Sweet Sorbet Accessory Pack (twine), floral wire, hot glue, hot glue gun, Stampin' Trimmer, Paper Snips

No comments:

Post a Comment