Saturday, January 11, 2014

Things that make ya go hmm...

Good morning!
Yesterday I shared a Retro Fresh card that I made to look like a spinner from a board game.  I shared the card on a few other websites and someone had asked me if it was supposed to be a record.  That got me thinking...

...and this is what I came up with!  A record player playing an album!


Where did I get the lightning bolt idea?  My hubby is a huge Pearl Jam fan and he collects vinyl so I figured why not? (Lightning Bolt is Pearl Jam's new album)  Now- his birthday isn't until April but he and I have a ton of fellow Pearl Jam fan friends and I'm sure one of them has a birthday coming up soon!   

Instead of using a stamp, my image was created in MDS2.  I love that MDS2 is so versatile.  The possibilities really are endless!

Card Ingredients:
Card Stock:  Whisper White, Basic Black, Smoky Slate, Silver Foil sheet
Stamps:  Teeny Tiny Wishes
Inks:  Real Red
Tools/other supplies:  Stampin' Trimmer, Paper Snips, Stampin' Dimensionals, Big Shot, Circles Collection Framelits, 3/4" Circle Punch, 1" Circle Punch, Paper Piercing Tool, 1/8" Silver Brads, SNAIL, Bitty Banners Framelits, Decorative Dots Embossing Folder, ruler, pencil, Stampin' Pierce Mat, MDS2

3 comments:

  1. MDS2 is the Stampin' Up! Digital Software used for scrapbooking, card making and various other options.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, this is AWESOME! I'm a HUGE PJ fan, and also a cardmaker! :) I'm working on revamping a card I made also using a PJ record, except I turned a donut stamp into a record. LOL I'm going to try to email you to see how you made this PERFECT PJ record! :)

    ReplyDelete