Friday, January 24, 2014

Hip Notes

Happy Friday!!!
I am so glad it's the weekend!  I'm going to need to rest up as I have a LOT of work to do next week! Every year my husband and I host a Super Bowl party and this year is no different!  We usually have a LOT of people here so I'll be busy deep cleaning next week.  I'm always paranoid that my house will be messy/dirty and that freaks me out.  I'm sure I'll be a basket case for most of the week!  No worries about stamping though.  I always make time for that!

Speaking of stamping- today's card is a Valentine and I adore this card!  It was created using the Language of Love and Hip Notes stamp sets.  I'm sure there's a few of you scratching your heads wondering why I use so much black, red, and white on my Valentines.  I do it simply because I love how those three colors look together.  Elegant, fun and beautiful!


There is a lot of different textures and elements on this page.  Not all of them are visible from the picture but if you look real close you might just find some!  I did emboss the heart this banner and the stamped white heart.  I wish that showed up in the picture but it does not. I also made sure to make my sewing as straight as possible on this card.  My hubby told me the other day that I needed to work on my sewing skills as the sewing on my last Valentine was wonky.  Little does he know that I MEANT to do that!  (seriously!)

Thanks for stopping by today and stay warm!  It's very very cold here!  
Card Ingredients:
Card Stock:  Whisper White, Basic Black, Real Red
DSP:  Brights DSP Stack
Stamps:  Language of Love, Hip Notes
Inks:  Basic Black Marker, Real Red Marker
Tools/other supplies:  Stampin' Trimmer, Bone Folder, Big Shot, Perfect Polka Dots Embossing Folder, Hearts Collection Framelits, Hexagon Embossing Folder, Bitty Banners Framelits, Full Heart Punch, Paper Piercing Tool, Heat Tool, Clear Embossing Powder, Silver Baker's Twine, Glue Dots, Stampin' Dimensionals, Paper Snips, Linen Thread, Rhinestone Basic Jewels, sewing machine, thread

No comments:

Post a Comment