Monday, January 27, 2014

Starburst Sayings

Good morning!
I hope you all had a wonderful weekend!  I spent the majority of mine painting.  I have one wall in my kitchen that is the perfect size for a chalkboard.  So instead of just buying a chalkboard I decided to be adventurous and paint the entire wall with chalkboard paint.  SO fun!!!  Unfortunately I can't share pictures of it yet as the paint has to cure for 3 full days before I can draw/write on it.  It's no fun just to see a black wall!  I'm happy that it will be ready in time for our Super Bowl party!  Looking forward to drawing some fun things!
Since I was in the mood to paint- I thought it was a great idea to touch up some walls where there were fingerprints, smudges and other various blemishes.  Well what I didn't anticipate was the fact that pretty much the entire main level of my home needed paint.  Needless to say- I ran out of paint and now I'm too exhausted to finish!  Oh well, tomorrow's another day!  It's going to be done just in time for our party!
I did take some time off from painting to create a card to share.  This card was created using the Starburst Sayings stamp set.  My favorite set in the Occasions Mini!  I used the Triple Time Stamping technique and this is what I came up with:

Nothing too fancy but definitely fun!  I'm truly addicted to sewing on my cards!  I recently had a few email questions on what type of sewing machine I use.  I personally have the Janome Sew Mini and I LOVE it!  It's a small machine BUT it works perfectly!  It's even fabulous for an actual sewing project (other than paper crafting).
Have a great Monday and thanks for stopping by!
Card Ingredients:
Card Stock:  Crumb Cake, Very Vanilla, Tangerine Tango
Stamps:  Starburst Sayings
Inks:  Crumb Cake, Tangerine Tango, Coastal Cabana
Tools/other supplies:  Stampin' Trimmer, Bone Folder, Big Shot, Circles Collection Framelits, Starburst Framelits, Very Vanilla Seam Binding Ribbon, Rhinestone Basic Jewels, Stampin' Dimensionals, Glue Dots, SNAIL, sewing machine, thread

No comments:

Post a Comment