Friday, January 10, 2014

Retro Fresh

Good morning!
Today is the fifth snow day my son has had this week.  He has been out of school since Dec. 20th when classes were released for the holidays.  We are still trying to dig ourselves out of nasty snow/ice and thanks to the polar vortex- it's been below zero for most of the week with wind chills in the negatives.  I really can't wait for Spring!  (or I just REALLY need to get out of the house)
I hope your week has been better than mine!

Today I have a Retro Fresh themed card to share. I totally adore this color scheme.  It's so fun!  I attached the heart to the little wooden arrow with a brad to give the effect of a spinner.  I love that the new Essentials Wooden Elements are thin enough for the Paper Piercing Tool to go through!  The sentiment is from the Geometrical stamp set.


Unfortunately since my brain wasn't functioning the day I placed my preorder- I didn't order any Baked Brown Sugar card stock.  Soft Suede was used on this card and I actually think it matches pretty well!  Note to self:  order Baked Brown Sugar card stock!
Thanks for stopping by!  Have a wonderful day!
Card Ingredients:
Card Stock:  Very Vanilla, Coastal Cabana, Soft Suede, Tangerine Tango, So Saffron
DSP:  Retro Fresh
Stamps:  Geometrical
Inks:  Soft Suede
Tools/other supplies:  Stampin' Trimmer, Big Shot, Circles Collection Framelits, 1-1/4" Scallop Circle Punch, 1" Circle Punch, 3/4" Circle Punch, Small Heart Punch, Essentials Wooden Elements, 1/8" Silver Brads, Paper Snips, Stampin' Dimensionals, Sticky Strip, Paper Piercing Tool

2 comments: