Sunday, July 22, 2018

Dream Big

Good evening stampers!  Tonight as I was sitting at my desk- I really wasn't sure what I wanted to create.  After all I had already spent pretty much my entire day creating gorgeous projects from shoebox swaps that my Stampin' UP! friends from Columbus brought.  As I was looking through my stamps and framelits I finally settled upon the Follow Your Dreams Stamp Set and coordinating Chase Your Dreams Framelits Dies.  

Since I didn't really have anything in particular that I wanted to create- I just went with the first idea that popped into my head.  That idea consisted of a Balmy Blue watercolor wash and some Vellum feathers.  Five to be exact.


As I'm sure you already know- it's difficult to adhere Vellum without the adhesive showing.  For that reason I chose to sew the feathers onto my card.  After the feathers had all been sewn I then created the sentiment.  Dream Big.  


I first cut out 5 (I seem to like that number tonight!) dream sentiments from a piece of Night Of Navy Card Stock.  Using Multipurpose Liquid Glue I adhered them all together.  After the stacked sentiment was completely dry I then applied a somewhat thick layer of glue from the Fine Tip Glue Pen to make the sentiment shiny.  Next- I stamped the word BIG onto a scrap of Balmy Blue Card Stock.  


Before I adhered the sentiment onto the card I carefully ruffled each feather so that it would look somewhat 3dimensional.  A tiny pool of Silver Metallic Thread  was laid in the center of the card and dream was attached using Glue Dots.  BIG was adhered using a Foam Strip.  

I hope you have enjoyed my project for tonight!  Thanks for stopping by!






No comments:

Post a Comment