Monday, July 16, 2018

Love You To Pieces

Hello there stampers!  Do you ever browse catalogs or other publications for inspiration?  When I first received the Stampin' UP! Annual Catalog- one stamp set in particular stood out to me.  That set was the Love You to Pieces set.  I absolutely adored the card pictured in the catalog and knew that this was definitely one of my must have sets.  

My project tonight was created with the Love You To Pieces stamp set and coordinating Puzzle Piece Thinlits.  To create this card- I first began with a piece of Watercolor Paper that measures 3-/4" x 5".   I then applied a light watercolor wash to the lower right hand side of the card using Lovely Lipstick.
  

I then stamped 2 puzzle pieces- one in Lovely Lipstick and the other in Coastal Cabana.  In case you haven't noticed- Coastal Cabana and Lovely Lipstick are gorgeous together!  Don't believe me?  Try it for yourself!

It's a little difficult to see in the picture- but under the Coastal Cabana puzzle piece is a tiny nest of Silver Metallic Thread.  The Metallics Sequin Assortment has the perfect sequins to embellish this card!  

After the watercolor layer was complete- I cut a piece of Lovely Lipstick Card Stock to 3-7/8" x 5-3/8" and a Coastal Cabana Card Stock base (that measures 5-1/2" x 8-1/2" scored at 4-1/4").  The Lovely Lipstick layer and the watercolor layer were offset and adhered to the card.

Super easy and oh so cute!  Hopefully my hubby will love his card.  He's been in London for the past week taking in the sights and watching Wimbledon.  ❤

Thanks for stopping by!


No comments:

Post a Comment