Thursday, July 12, 2018

OSAT Blog Hop- Creature Comforts

Hey there stampers! Welcome back for another fabulous One Stamp At A Time Blog Hop!  This month we have a fun theme!  It's called Creature Comforts and we are featuring animals!  How fun!  

 I figured there would be a lot of people using the Animal Outing stamp set so I thought it best to choose a different set.  I went with an oldie but a goodie- Pretty Kitty!  The adorable little kitten reminds me of my Stella.  She is the sweetest little girl ❤


I created a set of 5 cards.  Each kitty was created exactly the same.  First I stamped the images onto a 3" x 4-1/2" layer.  I then colored them in using various Stampin' Blends colors (Smoky Slate, Pineapple Punch, Lovely Lipstick, Rich Razzleberry, Calypso Coral, Old Olive, Pool Party).  


I wanted to keep each kitty as similar as possibly as she represents my Stella.


Stella is a little lover.  She absolutely loves to be pet and she melts immediately upon contact.  She is so stinkin' cute! 


This little kitty reminds me of Salem.  She is Stella's sister and an absolute little stinker.  She is always rummaging through my desk drawers for things to steal!  Usually it's my Baker's Twine.  Sadly she knows how to open my drawers so nothing is safe.


I love how the Calypso Coral Blends (both light and dark) when used together look very similar to terra cotta.  


This set of cards is not fancy at all.  They are  perfect class cards and make and takes, etc.  

For my 3 dimensional project- I used a 2" x 2" square Clear Treat Box.  I shredded up some Pool Party Card Stock and placed it in the box.  I then added the cutest little Lindt Candy Bars.  I have never seen them so tiny before!  I bought them at Duty Free on my way home from Toronto this past weekend.  The chocolates measure just 1" x 1-1/4".  Tiny!


Here's a closeup of the bow.  It was created using the Pool Party Shimmer Ribbon.  It's so pretty in person!

I hope you have enjoyed my projects for today!  Be sure to follow along on the hop! 
Use the links below to follow around on the hop with us!  We have LOTS of gorgeous creations to share!

Thanks for stopping by!



13 comments:

  1. Your cards are colored perfectly. I love them all. Wish I could make a bow as beautifully as you have done here. Great work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable, Dani! That kitty seems to get into all sorts of situations, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So very cute! I'm a kitty lover and used this set all the time. Your projects are adorable. Love that little box.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great projects. The kitties make a great set of cards!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great set of cards Dani! They'll make a wonderful gift.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute! Would make a great gift for a cat-lover!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! This set will be going to a cat lover for sure! Actually- it'll be for my cat sitter while I'm out of town! She'll love it!

      Delete
  7. Gorgeous set of cards Dani and your little gift box and bow are just perfect!

    ReplyDelete