Monday, July 16, 2018

Monday Montage #120 Beach Please!




Hello there stampers!  Welcome back to another edition of Monday Montage.

For my project tonight I created a card that is super fun!  It's a beach scene complete with a starfish, some fish swimming and a pair of flip flops!
This card is actually based on a sketch for the Global Design Project 146- Sketch Challenge.

Here is the sketch that was provided for the challenge.

I kept the same basic sketch layout with a few minor changes.  My sentiment is in the opposite corner than the one pictured in the sketch.   Due to the sentiment being moved, I also needed to move the location of the image that was located where I put my sentiment.  For my card- this is the perfect layout as it allows for the flip flops to be in the proper place (on the sand and not in the water).


This card is super cute!  I began by creating a watercolor wash using Balmy Blue for the water and Crumb Cake for the sand.  I left about an 1/8" gap between the two watercolor washes so that I could add in some sea foam using the Shimmery White Embossing Paste.  


See those adorable flip flops?  After sketching a template onto Vellum- I carefully cut the outer portion, the inner portion and the strap out creating a template.  I then traced the template onto Poppy Parade Card Stock and cut the outer pieces out.  For the inner pieces- I used the Tropical Chic Stamp Set (specifically the stamp with lots of lines on it) and inked it with Poppy Parade ink and stamped it onto a piece of Whisper White Card Stock.  I then traced the inner portion onto the stamped image and cut it out.  The straps were cut out from Poppy Parade Card Stock.  As all fashionable flip flops have some sort of embellishment on them I thought it was fitting to add little stars from the Twinkle Adhesive Backed Sequins.



Thanks for stopping by!  Be sure to use the links below to navigate through the hop!  Click the BACK button to visit the fabulous Breelin Renwick or click the NEXT button and head on over to the amazing Elizabeth Price to see what she has created to share with you!


There are 2 AWESOME promotions going on right now!  There is a DSP sale (when you buy 3 you get 1 free!  Applies to specific patterns only) and a smokin' hot promo when you join my team!  See below for details!



New recruits get their choice of an Ink Pad color family in addition to being able to select your choice of $125 in products for your starter kit!  Contact me for more details!  Ready to join?  Simply click the JOIN MY TEAM button on the right side bar!




Monday Montage Hoppers

No comments:

Post a Comment